Building, Civil + Modular Construction
ASRC Construction brings vertical building, civil, modular, utility and industrial construction services to a broad range of markets. Our construction capabilities generally fall into one of two roles – general contractor or construction manager – though many of our subsidiaries work in the capacity of specialty subcontractor or materials supplier.
As a group of self-perform general contracting companies, ASRC Construction’s operating subsidiaries provide a broad range of services, including:
Self-perform building construction:
- Site work and land development
- Foundation systems, including concrete, pile and steel foundations
- Site and building concrete production, placement and finish
- Steel erection and building framing
- Supply and installation of pre-engineered metal building systems
- Building envelope systems, including specialty systems such as EFIS and insulated panels
- Doors, windows, interior finishes and specialty systems
- Casework and furnishings, including complex FF&E packages for education and healthcare facilities
Self-perform civil + infrastructure:
- Land clearing and grubbing
- Concrete and asphalt demolition
- Materials source development and management
- Aggregate processing
- Asphalt production and placement
- Concrete production, placement and finishing
- Building site work
- Roads and highways
- Soil stabilization and embankment construction
- Utility construction, including water, wastewater and storm water systems both above and below ground
Self-perform modular construction:
- Comprehensive planning and design of retail, commercial, housing and educational facilities using a modular concept
- Bottom-up fabrication of modular facilities of nearly any size, scope or end-use
- Transportation of completed modules, including hoisting and rigging
- Field-installation of modules – from initial placement to final commissioning and training across Alaska and in select Lower 48 and international markets
The ASRC Construction companies have the experience and expertise to take projects from concept to reality. We regularly provide value engineering, cost estimating, scheduling and constructability consultation during design to maximize efficiencies and remain within budgetary constraints.
We frequently serve in the capacity of Construction Manager/General Contractor or Construction Manager at Risk (CM/GC or CM@R) where our subsidiaries provide both construction management and administration while also serving as the general contractor by subcontracting and self-performing certain scopes. We provide CM/GC services to projects ranging in size from $5 to $215 million throughout Alaska and the Lower 48.
Our wholly-owned subsidiary, Builders Choice, offers a complete line of building and construction materials to commercial and residential buyers throughout the state of Alaska. With locations in Anchorage, Soldotna and Wasilla, Builders Choice can provide same-day sales and delivery service to nearly 60% of the state’s population.
From waterproofing and roofing, dimensional lumber and sheetrock, doors and windows to interior finishes and trims, our team of building materials experts works closely with each customer to ensure we find the right product at the right price.
Builders Choice offers consolidation and shipping to locations throughout Alaska from any of our three southcentral locations or from Seattle. We can arrange for ground, air or barge transportation based on client needs and location.